Chegg is an online service whose goal is to improve college students overall academic performance. Chegg allows college students to rent or buy used and new textbooks, and sell back used textbooks for top dollar. In addition to textbook selling and buy-backs, Chegg also provides a variety of online, and offline services dedicated to save college students money, and improve academic performance.
Chegg services include:
- You can purchase or rent hard-copy and/or electronic textbooks. Renting or purchasing hard copy textbooks from Chegg is significantly less expense than college bookstore prices. Renting textbooks is the cheapest option, but there is a timeframe for returns.
- When using e-textbooks, students can bookmark pages, take notes, see highlights made by other students, zoom, and search for keywords within the document. E-textbooks do not require software, and are available anytime, anywhere on any electronic device. Chegg provides 24/7 service, so if you come across a question while reading your e-textbook, you can get immediate assistance.
- Chegg provides homework help to general questions or textbook solutions. Choose a subject, book title, or the class you have a question in. Expert answers are provided within two hours, or community forums are available for a more "chat-like" experience.
- Chegg offers a textbook "buy-back" program that allows students to sell back their used textbook for top dollar.
- Chegg offers a free flashcard application to make and use your own flashcards
- Chegg also offers assistance in course selection.
- Chegg provides special deals and scholorship assistance
Chegg provides a multidude of other services to improve academic performance:
- www.chegg.com - Chegg.com allows students to buy, rent or sell textbooks. Textbooks include supplemental materials (ie. CD's, workbooks, digital access codes when provided by the book publisher.)
- www.courserank.com - CourseRank.com provides academic course-related services, such as: class schedule, class ratings, materials suggested or required to be successful, and other services that unique to students of a specific campus.
- www.cramster.com - Cramster.com assists students with homework and provides student learning resources
- www.CheggDeals.com - CheggDeals.com provides special deals from merchants that would benefit college students
- www.notehall.com - NoteHall.com is a place where college students can utilize outlines, notes, and study guides created by other students.
Chegg began as a textbook rental company in 2007, and has grown into a hugely successful network transforming the way students learn and excel in school. Founded by Osman Rashid and Aayush Phumbhra, Chegg currently employs 350+ employees, with it's headquarters in Santa Clara, California and it's warehouse in Shepherdsville, Kentucky.
Chegg is a philanthropic organization dedicated to their "Chegg for Good" program, which encourages and gives students the tools to create change on their campus, in their community, and around the world. Their company slogan is "Save Time, Save Money, and Get Smarter."
1. www.bookscouter.com gave Chegg 4.5 out of 5 stars. View feedback here.
- "Excellent service" * "amazingly fast" * "consistently amazed and pleased at the speed and efficiency" * "Competitive quotes (often the highest), free UPS shipping, and prompt payment"
2. www..org gave Chegg an A+ on a scale of A+ to F.
3. www.consumeraffairs.com gave Chegg a 2 out of 5 stars. See comments here.
4. Itunes Chegg Flashcard App recieved 5 out of 5 stars from users.
- "This application's ease-of-use, performance and power make it an incredible learning tool." *
5. TopTenReviews.Com gave Chegg.com 9.38 out of 10 stars. View here
Most Chegg users are extremely pleased with Chegg.com, but other users are extremely displeased. There does not seem to be a middle ground. The majority of people expressing positive comments for Chegg state that service is extremely fast in its shipping of books, return of payments, is competitively priced, and provides free shipping. Those displeased with Chegg expressed that books were overpriced, users were charged fees for late returns or told books were non-refundable.
Chegg is a highly credible business, especially amount online textbook rental companies. The BBB gives Chegg.com the highest rating available with a rating of A+ on a scale of A+ to F. You can view the BBB website and review here.
Chegg is associated with over 40 schools and the following organizations:
- Independent College Bookstore Association (ICBA). View the press release for the partnership of Chegg.Com and the ICBA here.
- Zinch, a scholarship and college matching service.
- Spotify, for the textbooks and tickets tour. View information here
- American Forests, planting trees around the world for each textbook purchased.
Chegg is well known in the media world, especially for their innovative business services, their services of planting trees around the world, and providing scholarships to deserving students.
Chegg.com is ranked a 6 out of 10 for popularity on Google Page Rank. Alexa ranks Chegg.com a 10,543. To provide a context of Alexa's rankings, Amazon.com is ranked 10 , campusbooks.com is ranked 119,759, and textbooks.com is ranked 57.909.
According to www.freewebsite.org, Chegg.com receives 104,335 page visits a day. Recently, Chegg.com has shown a 20.24% increased traffic growth.
According to siteanalytics.compete.com, Chegg.com is the number one site among competitive ranks, with an overal ranking of 2,281.
Chegg operates a blog, which can be viewed at blog.chegg.com. This blog is updated several times a week.
Chegg also has a facebook page, which can be viewed here. Current number of facebook likes is 145,047.
Chegg has a twitter account, which can be followed here. Chegg has 15,071 followers.
Chegg operates a google+ account, which can be followed here. Chegg Google+ has 2096 followers.
According to Google Safe Browsing, Chegg.com is a verified safe website clean from Virus, Malicious Worms, Adwares, Trojans, Spywares, and Suspicious Phishing Attacks. You can view this report at http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=chegg.net.
During checkout and entering in sensitive information (example: credit card information), Chegg.com uses a secure connection with SSL technology.
In searching for the same book across various rental websites, Chegg has comparable/low pricing for rental books.
Searching for Foundations of Exercise Science (ISBN: 0683044982, ISBN13: 9780683044980), Chegg offered this book at $9.99 to rent until December, $43.49 to buy used, and $62.49 to buy new.
On amazon.com this book was $47.43 to buy new. At Barnesandnoble.com, you can buy this book new for $62.08, and rent it for $15.31 for 30 days. At abebook.com, you can buy this book new for $68.80. On textbooks.com, you can buy new for $43.77, used for $36.48, or rent for $9.99 due in December.
Standard shipping starts at $3.99 with $2.99 for each additional item.
Ground shipping starts at $4.99 with $1.99 for each additional item.
UPS 2nd day air is $9.99 with $4.99 for each additional item.
UPS Next day air is $15.99 with $9.99 for each additional item.
Chegg ships to all 50 states. Currently, they do not ship internationally. If you do not receive your book by the date specified, they will refund your shipping costs.
Chegg does accept debit cards with a Visa or MasterCard logo on the card. Credit cards from MasterCard, Visa, American Express and/or Discover Card are accepted as well.
Chegg also accepts Paypal. Paypal does require its own account, but allows for a secure and easy form of payment.
EbillMe, BillMeLater, E-checks, EFT, or Q-pass are not accepted on Chegg.com.
Chegg offers a 21 day satisfaction guaranteed policy on all textbooks, where you can return your book (in the same condition as received) using the provided box and prepaid shipping label. When books are returned early, you receive a full refund (minus $5-10 to cover shipping costs.) The 21 day period begins when order is placed.
Chegg offers a 14 day satisfaction guaranteed policy on all digital textbooks, with a full refund. You are only able to return the same digital book once to be eligible for a refund.
Chegg offers a quality assurance policy, where you are able to return your book (within the 21 day time frame) if the book does not meet your standards.
When returning rented products, you are able to return two ways: return the textbook using the shipping label provided by Chegg, or return to any "authorized Chegg affiliate." Some highlighting and minor wear and tear is expected, but severe degradation of the textbook results in a full charge.
Best Available Chegg Coupon: